Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Knitting is good for the soul

I have a scarf that I work on from time to time, but it's easily been two years now and it's still not done. Wool and silk, very soft and fun to work on, but.... my fingers have ADHD or something. I just can't seem to knit and not mess with the design and then I need to cook dinner or do something else domestic.

But aha! Here in Oregon we have a lovely little yarn shop online at Freshwater Fibers for those with crafty hands. I'm getting twitchy just looking at the lovely colors and different fibers. I suppose if I actually finish that scarf, I could start another.

And look--organic cotton that is soooo pretty.

2 Comments:

At 10/04/2007 , Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I envy anyone who is crafty with knitting needles. My grandmother tried to teach me how to do it several times, but I just couldn't get the hang of it.

That yarn is lovely. Living in Florida, I don't get many chances to wear wool of any sort. But you're in an area where a lovely new scarf sounds delightful.

 
At 10/05/2007 , Blogger kimono hime said...

And necessary! There's snow on them thar mountains today, and we're expecting ice on the roads tomorrow.

Welcome, Patricia.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home