Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hot and cold

There's frost on the lawn today. I kept the bf in bed so as to get in as much snuggling as possible before he had to venture out into the icky outside. Here's a tip, boys: if you want your woman to look after you, make sure you look after her first. The man who keeps my toes warm at night does his level best to keep me in a fairly balanced mood most of the time, so I do the same for him. At least I think so. I can be a moody bitch but I think I'm doing pretty well.

I went to my friend's studio on Tuesday to pick up more fabrics to bag and sell. She has such yummy stuff. As I was walking out of the studio with two huge bags of silk, one of the artists was walking in. She was coming back from lunch with a friend and had a relaxed and happy vibe to her. She looked at the bags I was carrying, brushed one with her hand and said "you know I painted those? Those are my pieces." Oh? "They're lovely. You do good work," I replied as we passed. I had spent an hour with her cohorts, the head designer and other dyers, sewers and crew members of the studio. What an eclectic bunch, including the resident mascot, the designer's dog. I love this stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home