Sunday, February 24, 2008

Saints preserve us!

With apologies to FranIAm (who I'm sure will get a chuckle out of this anyway), I now present to you these icons designed and created by fellow Etsy artist Madelyn Smoak of Mad Art Jewelry in North Carolina.

First up we have Saint Pilaf, The Patron Saint of Imaginary Weapons of Mass Destruction. Doesn't Condi look so reverential?



This next icon brings together Saint Malevictus, The Patron Saint of Senseless Sacrifice and several of those who have been sacrificed in the War on Terror. I love the feel of this piece and the level of craftsmenship involved. Gorgeous, and yet depressing.



This one is just plain silly: Saint Doobie, The Patron Saint of Global Village Idiots.



Click through and check out her work. Madelyn has quite a selection of non-political pieces, both elegant and artistic, but these make such a statement. In keeping with my kimono theme here on the blog, I'd also like to add this one, Wabi Sabi Geisha.

7 Comments:

At 2/26/2008 , Blogger pissed off patricia said...

The one of bush is perfect. Looks like an idiot on drugs.

 
At 2/26/2008 , Blogger JM said...

Possibly the best thing I've ever seen that involved Condi; come to think of it the ONLY good thing. Some great stuff, I snap it up in a heartbeat if I weren't so cheap!

 
At 2/26/2008 , Blogger Randal Graves said...

Ha ha, now those are funny. Too bad we had to endure 8 years of those wankers to get such fine art.

 
At 2/27/2008 , Blogger Fran said...

Thanks for the linkage!!

And of course you know I love these - right?

This is my problem- navigating the sacred and the profane.

Deep sigh. I can't seem to live without either.

 
At 2/27/2008 , Blogger Fran said...

Actually - you have inadvertently helped me with the writing of a difficult post!

Thank you and stay tuned...

 
At 2/27/2008 , Blogger Comrade Kevin said...

Icons a powerful way to focus my attention on the Lord. :-)

 
At 8/17/2014 , Blogger -blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Our salvation lays within these very words if you're wise enough to discern --- Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s gonna be like for us: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Cya soon...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home