Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sakuran

I just finished watching this film (I take Thursdays off) and it was most excellent. And before you ask, no, they are not geisha, and yes, it's as much fun as it looks. Great costumes, lots of sex, even some romance. Just perfect.

Of course, it would be nice if the trailer had subtitles, but since it doesn't, I'll tell you that the cherry tree in bloom (sakura) and the goldfish are both highly symbolic in the story. Other than that... eh, I don't want to ruin it.

3 Comments:

At 2/07/2008 , Blogger Cocoa Pod said...

I have an urge to watch some pretty Japanese movies! Thanks for posting about this one.

So far I have watched Memoirs of a Geisha. Can you suggest any more nice G or PG movies?

 
At 2/08/2008 , Blogger Comrade Kevin said...

Ikiru> or Rashomon are good and surprisingly tame for today's audience. I be surprised if either would get above a PG (at most a PG-13) if released today.

We talked about that at Salon, 'member? :-)

 
At 2/09/2008 , Blogger kimono hime said...

Yes, definitely Kurosawa films, spot on, Kevin!

*note to self--must make it back into salon this week*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home