Thursday, October 26, 2006

Word Imperfect

I love this blog: Word Imperfect. It's bad enough I correct pronounciation and grammar when talking to my friends, now there is a way for me to turn my brain upside down once a day.

A few days back I gave an alternate definition for the word threnody and promised to follow up with photographic evidence. So here it is: "Harmony"
...and "Threnody"

This images are the front and inside of a Japanese obi. These show why I'm often to be found with stray bits of colorful thread on my person, and occationally swearing profusely in different languages as I rip stuff that shouldn't be there out of my sewing machine.

3 Comments:

At 10/27/2006 , Blogger The Blue Eagle said...

Now that sure as hell is threnody.....
Good job

 
At 10/27/2006 , Blogger Greta said...

Very nice! I really liked a lot of the definitions for threnody, but now you've got me convinced...I may try to instate this into regular conversation. :)

Feel free to stop by my blog anytime, if you so desire.

 
At 10/27/2006 , Blogger Word Imp said...

Thanks for putting up a visual display of threnody for us. I'm sure the visual reference will help all our Word Imperfect participants remember the "real" meaning of this word in future. Now I'm waiting for some wonderful piece of backwards fabric art to come out entitled "threnody". Be sure to let me know when it does!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home