Saturday, October 28, 2006

Goal for tomorrow

I have a challenge goal for Sunday to make at least 5 new clutches, but hopefully more (bf said "finish half the ones you already started" but that's probably more than I'll have the time or patience for. arg). I'm thinking five is a reasonable amount because I'm still tweaking the design of the interior pocket and working out the kinks on everything else. When I'm working with something new, I tend to sit and stare at it for awhile and let my brain do its thing while my hands take a rest. I scribble notes in my notebook (one of many. If you know me, you know I always keep a notebook handy. Sometimes I do forget a pen, though) and otherwise figure out what the design imperfections are until I get it right.

Oh yeah, I also promised to take the kids downtown tomorrow, which is why I won't have endless hours to fiddle with bags. I've given up on my photographer (he's a great guy, but really too busy) and I'll deal with getting some new pics myself. So if they all turn out looking like crap, you'll know why.

I hope you're having a splendid weekend. Drop a comment in the box and let me know you were here! It's nice to meet you.

3 Comments:

At 10/29/2006 , Blogger Unknown said...

vyHi
I came to you via word imperfect, and what a wonderful surprise to find a fabric fiend.

I am really appreciating the way blogs spread around and link people up.

I have not the time to read your blog just now, but am looking forward to taking it all in later today.

Madame C

 
At 10/29/2006 , Blogger kimono hime said...

"Fabric Fiend"... yeah, that's me.

Welcome Madame C! (is that a Gary Larson reference?)

 
At 10/30/2006 , Blogger Word Imp said...

Hi
Should I call you Kimono?
I think of you as Japanese but I'm sure I'm a bit confused. Is it that you make kimono(s) - is there a plural? - from Japanese silk and display them in a gallery and also sell them? I'm just trying to get you. I like your writing style and enjoy your blog. Hope you got the work done you were hoping to achieve. Glad to have helped Madame C find you as well. I'm thinking, wow, if I didn't start my blog, these two might never have communicated. Blogging seems like making a difference. But I could be exaggerating! Happy kimonoing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home