Friday, November 10, 2006

Big box o' blues

My mother, she who instilled this ridiculous fabric obsession within me, sent me a box full of beautiful Japanese fabrics she'd been collecting for years. When I was 9 or 10 she asked me what sort of quilt I'd like her to make for me. I said "blue!" and that was that. It took almost 20 years, but I did get the blue quilt eventually. In the interim, she amassed quite the collection of special fabrics. In this box I find your basic floral yukata cottons, several really lovely dark shibori pieces, and a mix of Japanese-themed prints from US designers. All in all, quite the stash. Thank you, Mamasita!

Also arriving in the mail today (how fortuitous!) was a book on shibori that I had ordered from Japan. How cool is that?

I'm fighting off the rampant germs that are floating around my house today. Everyone else either IS sick or has recently BEEN sick, so I'm working diligently to remain most definitely NOT sick. Fingers crossed, knock wood, all that.

Tomorrow is the big day--the Women's Expo begins. (deep breath...)

2 Comments:

At 11/11/2006 , Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with the expo. I hope it brings you many opportunities.
Meanwhile I am v envious of your fabric stash. I had to discard mine when I left England, so have had to start again. Ah well such is life.

 
At 11/12/2006 , Blogger kimono hime said...

If you ever come my way, I'd be happy to share some with you Madame C! I remember buying Liberty cottons in the UK when I lived there. One of the first quilts I ever made was a beautiful bunch of blue Liberty prints. For some reason they are nearly impossible to get in the US.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home