Sunday, November 11, 2007

New Directions

In the interest of keeping this blog on the light and fluffy side, I will be opening a new blog soon dealing with those who work with victims of domestic violence and rape. I'm still working out a title (suggestions, anyone?) and looking for a team to work with because this is not a project with only one voice, so if you have any good leads, please let me know.

I decided to start this new blog after finding out about Pretty Bird Woman House (post below), dealing with a domestic abuse situation right down the street and helping Astrogeek deal with his training (post below), all within about 3 days. If I don't speak about all of this, I'll have to scream, and speaking is often more productive. There are, of course, times when you really do just have to scream, but let's not go there just yet.

Everything is in the research phase right now because if there's one thing I've learned from owning a small business, it's that going off half cocked is a bad idea. Any words of wisdom from those of you more experienced bloggers out there would be much appreciated. I'll be posting here and around the blogosphere when the new blog is up and running. It will be more about the shelters themselves, not just victims' stories. There are so many stories, but I want to highlight the shelters so as to let people know what is available in their area and how they can help or get help.

4 Comments:

At 11/11/2007 , Blogger Fran said...

You amaze me. This is incredible.

 
At 11/11/2007 , Blogger kimono hime said...

And it's your fault, Fran! ;-)

 
At 11/13/2007 , Blogger Fran said...

I am merely the conduit! You are doing the heavy lifting.

Peace and blessings to you and your good works and to these and other women, other humans in need.

 
At 11/15/2007 , Blogger Melanie O. said...

Good on you, Zig, for doing this. There will always be a need, sadly, for these kinds of services in our community, and I think we need all of the voices speaking out, that we can get. And kudos to Astrogeek! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home