Sunday, November 19, 2006

Random Access Blogging

I'm thinking of closing my ebay store. I just don't have the time for it right now, and although it has helped me pay the rent a few times (but not by much), I'm losing a ton of money on the fees. It's scandalous what they charge, although you can get good value for money if you put all your time into it. I can't anymore, that's the point. So as soon as my latest auctions end, I'm going to find a way to offer fabric on my website instead. I'll lose a lot of traffic, but I might save a bit of cash and stress into the bargain. Any thoughts from you lovely readers?

Bf & I made a gluten-free chocolate cake tonight. It's tasty, but the frosting he made is divine. The kids sat at the table and played cards after dinner, happily munching on Mom's special recipe cake and wisely not asking any questions. It's funny how they complain I don't feed them "normal" food like Doritos and other garbage, then turn around and tell me they actually prefer MY soy yogurt or wheat-free cookies to anything else I've already bought for them to eat.

My 3 Beautiful Things for today:

1. Bf's face when he's sleeping. Some men have to be awake to be charming. Not my man. He can do it in his sleep!
2. Watching my kids playing cards, eating homemade cake and laughing together.
3. Looking out the bay window of my warm studio at dark grey clouds across the desert plateau, and seeing this view through the branches of a tree decked out in red berries of some kind. Very wintery and snug.

I miss England. Sometimes it hits me like a ton of bricks, right out of the blue. I really do miss it in so many ways. I know that's a rather random thought, but it comes and goes like that. I never really miss California, but rainy, muddy, wistfully remembered England... yes, I miss it terribly.

2 Comments:

At 11/20/2006 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hiya

I was missing England yesterday too, it rained and the smell was of the spring in England. I think I am the only person on the island that loves the rain.

Thanks for posting your comments the other week, I think I accidentally deleted one of them as I was fooling around with the settings. Doh!

 
At 11/20/2006 , Blogger kimono hime said...

Something about the smell of rain... yes. Where I live now it's the smell of wet sage and volcanic sand, but I still like it. In western Oregon it's the smell of blackberries, fir and soil. We don't get much rain up here on the east side of the mountains, but the snow is coming soon enough.

It's nice to see you again, Madame C!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home