Friday, December 01, 2006

"TGIF" is for nine-to-fivers.

I spent the day in front of the computer. Yay. Got nothing done. Happy, happy me. Tomorrow I get to drive out to Portland YET AGAIN over the slushy, icy, snowy pass and endure several hours of my pre-teen daughter asking for money so she can buy something cool because, of course, her mother is NOT cool and terminally broke and isn't that horrible.

On the other hand, I'll probably tune her out and watch the trees whiz by, watch the river at my favourite places and be reminded once again just how green is the valley as we drop down to sea level and the snow turns to mud.

I made nothing today. Nothing. I didn't turn the sewing machine on, didn't pick up any scissors or seam rippers or razor-sharp impliments of creativity... just made business calls and took pictures of the new minibags I put together last week.

Super cute, ne? They are from a hanhaba obi and lined in either dark pink or acid green obi silk (your choice). There's a magnetic snap to keep your gear from falling out, too. The phone is in the pic for visual perspective. A few hours after I took the pics, I forgot where I'd put the phone until it started ringing and there it was, still hanging with the minibags. It's been a truly slacker day.

The minibags are $25 each. Let me know if you'd like one and I'll send it out within 24 hours 'cos that's just the way I am.

2 Comments:

At 12/02/2006 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there,
I agree us non 9-5 ers should get TGI-any-day-of-the-week-we-get-off, which would make it TGIADOTWWG - not very catchy.

I shall be asking for one of your clutches for Chrimbo, which means that Mr. C will have to take me somewhere nice so that it gets an outing - yay!

t'ra for now.

 
At 12/02/2006 , Blogger kimono hime said...

Yes! A new bag as an excuse to go out. I like it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home